Thursday, May 7, 2009

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is Goin' on Here?

OK, so I am just a few days short of four months since my last post. Pathetic, huh? OK, here is my "excuses post" and then we should be able to get back to business and obsess about Fandango!

I will have to stray from chronological order but my first excuse is this little guy:


As I mentioned in my first post, the reason I purchased Fandango was the realization I needed to get my growing family camping again. No, it is not the normal backpacking I have grown to love but this is the right step for now. Anyway, my family just grew by one key addition.

A son! Austin Anton Dvorak was brought into the world one month ago (April 8th, 2009). As you have seen, our daughter Danielle is very excited about camping with Fandango and she is even more excited to be a big sister.


OK, so my pregnant wife was not exactly up for taking Fandango out in recent months but we did have some ideas which fell through. Some were tailgate parties which did not have ideal weather and we were hoping to go camping during spring break. Well, excuse #2 was all of the prep work to get our house ready before Austin was born. The biggest part was not really getting ready for him, but rather finishing my 2 year old kitchen remodeling project. All of my pictures of the kitchen are either bad ones from my cell phone or on my wife's camera which I cannot find. I may put a picture or two of that work in here someday.

Oh and I still have to entertain the family so a few weekends were spent at Disch-Falk field watching the UT Longhorn Baseball team as well as a tailgate or two.
Danielle and Bevo


Just hanging out with Coach Royal:
(If you do not know who that is, well, try Google and do not admit that in public)



OK, so I spent January - May tending to the family and it is getting close to our next trip. I will add another post right away on what has been going on with Fandango. It has been hanging out but it has had an adventure too.

2 comments:

utee94 said...

Excusey the excuse-maker, that is your new name. I've been awfully busy too, but have still taken the time to blog regularly!

-Marcus

Greg Dvorak said...

Yeah, all I would be doing is blogging about tailgating, mentioning the fact I had not figured out which countertop to get in my kitchen and question why Taylor Jungmann had not replaced Brandon Workman in the starting rotation sooner. That's got nuthin' to do about Fandango!