Monday, December 1, 2008

The Maiden Voyage was a Fandango!

One trip down, a bunch to go!
My family took Fandango to Krause Springs for our first camping trip in the RV. We arrived around 5 PM on Friday, just a couple of hours before a pretty big wind storm that dropped the temperature but everything went just great. Our friends, the Moyers and Passarella's took their RV's out as well so it made for a heckuva weekend.


As far as how Fandango went:
The drive went well, but the brakes became a bit soft right at the end of the trip. I have since crawled underneath and have not found any broken lines, etc. It could be one or both of the hydrovac's or the master cylinder so I am searching advice from any source.
The hot water heater was burning a very dirty flame which blew soot out of the exhaust so we went without hot water. That was fine for a short trip. I pulled the burner and just finished cleaning it. I ran water through the heating vent and flushed out dirt, cobwebs and mud-dobber nests.
I found an electrical terminal for the rear lighting which was loose but that was a quick fix.
The bed was comfy, the fridge worked so well that I never bought one cube of ice. It probably helped that it was 50 degrees out as well.
My 3 year old daughter had a blast and all of the kids there really got a kick out of us showing "Kung Fu Panda" on a projector at night right against the white wall of Fandango.


Here are some pics. I will make another post around work on Fandango itself. BTW, the Airstream you see belongs to my buddy, Marcus. His blog is linked from my blog if you want to see the work he is making on his classic ride. Of course, both Marcus and I owe a lot of thanks to the entire Pasarella family. Dave is a seasoned veteran with "Dutchie" and his wife and four kids are just about the greatest folks to hang out with.

The Princess declaring that Fandango is actually spelled with a "W"


The family enjoying the homestead, even in the cold and the wind.


The wide view, including a partial view of "Kitchen Stadium!"


The men battling in kitchen stadium


Marcus' unnamed Airstream (Someone please come up with a name!), Fandango and Kitchen Stadium!


Movie time, Al Fresco (Look close, the camera flash hides it)


Danielle taking Dada on a hike
BFF's


1 comment:

wiebe bouman said...

greg, I am trying to get in touch with you about your ex winnebago. I am located in the UK and am looking for a winnebago for my young family. In my search stumbled accross your blog only to find out later that fandangobago is now for sale at crestrv. If at all possile id like to discuss what work you have done since your last blog, manifold for instance? and what the current issues are.I have seen leak damage below the awning and also in the interior and I feel you are a more objective source of info than crestrv will be... I have also tried to get in touch via linked in and via your buddy with the overlander, please excuse my intrusion, Its just that being in the UK I am a bit at a disadvantage. my email address is bou_ving at yahoo.com . If you cold send me your te number I am more than happy to call you when its most convenient for you. thank you and best regards wiebe bouman